Call for volunteers:
IINY intends to create its first ever Multimedia Committee in order to improve and extend IINY’s virtual presence on the web and in prominent social media websites. Thus, we are looking for individuals who are interested to volunteer their time and energy in the following fields: Multimedia, Social Media, and Media and Publicity. The committee will work under the supervision of the Board of Directors.
All individuals are expected to dedicate a minimum of 5 hours of their time per week to the works of the committee.
– Multimedia volunteer(s):
- Assist with production set-up, as well as the filming and editing of event footage with our videographer.
- Manage audio from each event, delivering hard drives, and maintaining audio and video uploads to various websites.
- Assist in archiving our collection of videos, clips, audio, etc.
– Social Media volunteer(s):
- Maintain IINY’s presence on multiple social media networks (e.g. Facebook, Twitter).
- This includes: Facebook fan page maintenance, creating and advertising IINY’s events, and responding to inquiries.
– Media and Publicity volunteer(s):
- Assist with the upkeep and development of IINY’s official website.
- Responsible for increasing the community’s awareness of IINY and its programs.
- Volunteer(s) will work closely with supervisors to identify and address outreach goals and needs of the Institute.
- Create and distribute one press release per week.
- Promote events.
- Build audience.
– Passionate about serving IINY’s community and the greater Muslim community.
– Must be fluent in English (fluency in Farsi is an asset).
– Proficiency in working with both PC and Mac computers and associated programs.
– Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
– Strong publicity and outreach skills.
– Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team.
– Possess competent research, social media and networking skills.
– Have a basic understanding of how online communication works (especially social media sites such as: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc.)
– You will get a chance to serve your community and take part in its improvement.
– Build work experience and your resume.
– Improve your own communication skills.
– Volunteers will receive letters of recommendation and certificates of community work appreciations for future job opportunities.
We ask interested individuals to contact IINY’s office as soon as possible.
E-mail: email@example.com Tel: (718) 651-5888